CALL FOR 2023 TANGLAW AWARDS
NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN
(NOMINATION PERIOD: MARCH 6 TO APRIL 15, 2023)
May 6th, Nurses Day, is extra special this year as The Philippine Nurses Association of Nevada (PNANV) launches “Tanglaw Awards”. Tanglaw, Tagalog for “light to guide one’s path”, captures the essence of this yearly recognition given to nurses who have created an impact on various categories, as follows:
1. CLINICAL PRACTICE IMPACT: The recipient has made a significant contribution/innovation in nursing practice and another non-clinical specialty impacts patient care delivery, etc. Examples: direct patient care (RN, LPN, CNA) and indirect patient care nurses (CM, UR, Discharge planners, Clinical education etc.)
2. ACADEMIC IMPACT: The recipient is currently pursuing nursing education across academic preparation from CNA Programs to Doctorate Programs
3. SCHOLARSHIP AND RESEARCH IMPACT: The recipient has published studies that were impactful toward the creation of knowledge and programs through research and evidence-based utilization.
4. LEADERSHIP AND ADMINISTRATION IMPACT: The recipient has notable accomplishments as a leader of healthcare systems and organizational policy changes with legislative initiatives
5. SERVICE IMPACT (actively working nurses): The recipient is actively engaged in community outreach promoting health and wellness in the community setting.
6. NIGHTINGALE LEGACY IMPACT: The recipient is a former nurse (retired) who served the community and delivered care reflecting the ideals of nursing practice.
7. NURSE WITH GLOBAL IMPACT: The recipient has documented involvement in the creation and participation in projects or programs that contribute to global health care.
8. LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: The recipient has pioneered trailblazing projects or programs that changed or improved the nursing profession.
9. PEARL OF THE ORIENT AWARD: The recipient is a stellar organization or individual that consistently supported the mission and vision of the Philippine Nurses Association of Nevada.